Andrew Bridson - Director
Andrew is a founding director. He qualified as an Isle of Man Advocate in 1997 and specialises in all aspects of commercial and trust litigation, commercial disputes and contentious probate matters. He established his own legal practice in 2004 which merged with Richard Halsall’s practice to become BridsonHalsall in 2006.
As an Advocate Andrew has dealt with numerous matters involving freezing injunctions, recovery of documents, claims for breach of fiduciary duties and professional negligence. His experience as a litigation lawyer is wide ranging and includes advising and acting:
- for trustees subject to a multimillion dollar restraint order obtained by the United States Government under the Criminal Justice Act 1991;
- in relation to allegations that a local statutory board took of an unlawful loan in the value of £120 million and the subsequent Tynwald Select Committee enquiry;
- for a National Telecoms Provider as a claimant in relation to a multimillion dollar claim;
- for the defendant to a multimillion dollar matrimonial injunction;
- for a legal firm in relation to a claim amounting to tens of millions of pounds arising from alleged professional negligence;
- in relation to Letters of Request for information from foreign states and other bodies for evidence to be gathered to be used in proceedings in other jurisdictions (both for parties making such requests and parties defending such actions); and
- for the successful applicant in Re Betsam Trust  WTLR 1489 in which a trust was set aside as a result of the mistake of the Settlor.
He has appeared before all levels of the Manx Courts and additionally before the Gambling Supervision Commission, Licensing Court, Coroner of Inquests and acted for an interested party before the Isle of Man Government Commission of Inquiry into the Care of Young People (which followed the death of two teenagers in care in the Isle of Man). He has dealt with a diverse range of matters including claims against the police, defending health and safety prosecutions and contentious commercial property matters. Andrew also has experience in handling mediations for both corporate clients and individuals. He has represented two local regulators. He acts for various high net worth individuals.